The 4th IEA Clean Coal Centre workshop on cofiring biomass will be held at the Nittany Lion Inn on Penn State's campus from November 5-6, 2014.
There is a welcome reception on November 4, followed by one and a half days of presentations and discussion. The event closes with a site visit to the Energex wood pellet plant on the afternoon of November 6. PSIEE and the EMS Energy Institute are sponsors of the workshop dinner and site visit.
The call for papers for the is open and the deadline for receipt of abstracts has been extended to 30 May. Abstracts should be submittted via the workshop website.
Papers are invited on any aspect of cofiring, but this year we are particularly interested in:
- Policies that promote biomass cofiring
- Cofiring or unit conversion?
- Biomass trade and logistics
- Use of residues
- Co-gasification of biomass
- As well as other technical issues surrounding cofiring biomass with coal