The 12th International Conference on Carbon Dioxide Utilization (ICCDU) has announced its call for papers. Abstracts can be submitted online through January 31, 2013. ICCDU, which began in 1991 in Nagoya, Japan, has since been held in countries throughout Asia, Europe, and North America. The biennial conference provides a multi-disciplinary forum on recent innovations in fundamental and applied aspects of CO2 utilization.
In 2013, the conference will focus on CO2 conversion and utilization for chemicals, fuels and materials for sustainable development. The goal of the conference is to facilitate the advances in CO2 research and bring together the academic and industrial communities for the exchange of ideas, concepts, and innovations.
The conference will consist of invited lectures, oral presentations, and posters in the following topic areas:
CO2 Conversion and Utilization
- Chemistry, catalysis, and chemical engineering for CO2 activation
- CO2 conversion to chemicals and materials
- CO2 conversion to fuels
- CO2 utilization for chemical & materials processing
- CO2 utilization in energy and chemical industries
CO2 capture and separation
- Chemistry and processes for CO2 separation
- CO2 capture by liquid sorbents
- CO2 capture by solid sorbents
- CO2 capture by membrane and in-situ approaches
- CO2 separation by other novel approaches
Life cycle analysis, economic analysis, process simulation, and policy
The conference will be held from June 23-27 in Alexandria, VA. Registration is now open and early registration ends April 26, 2013.