The U.S. Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Projects Agency–Energy (ARPA-E) Is Seeking New Fellows to Join Our Team!
The Fellows Position:
ARPA-E is looking for the next generation of scientific leaders to help solve the most pressing and exciting challenges in energy. The Fellows assist the agency in identifying possible breakthrough energy technologies through technical and economic analyses. During their two-year tenure, ARPA-E Fellows are fully immersed in energy technology development, engaging with world-class researchers in academia and industry, entrepreneurs, and government officials. Prior experience in energy and/or commercialization is not necessary.
During their time at ARPA-E, Fellows have the opportunity to:
· Prepare energy technology and economic analyses to help define the strategic direction and vision of the agency.
· Learn energy technology development and commercialization directly from the nation's best energy entrepreneurs and researchers, and gain exposure to a wide variety of energy technologies.
· Ph.D. in a scientific or engineering. Students who expect to complete their Ph.D. within the next year are also encouraged to apply.
· Strong analytical, research, and communication skills.
· Ability to initiate independent projects and work across disciplines.
· Passion to change the world through energy technology research and development.
· U.S. citizenship.
Please submit a cover letter, current CV, and three references to https://arpae.recruiterbox.com/jobs/30822 with the subject heading “ARPA-E Fellows Position Submission.” In your cover letter, please discuss energy technology areas that you would like to work on as an ARPA-E Fellow, especially areas that ARPA-E has not yet pursued. (Give us your vision!)
Please submit your application by Friday, April 11th, 2014 to receive consideration in this round of recruiting.