Core Competency Area
UCFER research will focus on the five core competencies:
- Geological and Environmental Systems, consisting of research on geomaterials, fluid flow in geologic media, and geospatial and strategic field monitoring.
- Materials Engineering and Manufacturing, consisting of research on the design, development, and deployment of advanced functional and structural materials for use in extreme service environments.
- Energy conversion Engineering, consisting of the evaluation, integration, control and performance modeling of processes and components for developing innovative energy conversion processes and transformational technologies.
- Systems Engineering and Analysis, consisting of analysis and design of advanced energy systems such as power plants, energy markets, and energy-environment interactions.
- Computational Science and Engineering, consisting of research involving high-performance computing and data analytics that enable the generation of information and insights through the integration of experimental data and engineering analyses.